As far back as 1770, a first attempt to train local clergy in Bombay was made by its Apostolic Vicar. From that time until 1930, teething troubles, interruptions, changes of location, administration and Staff marred subsequent attempts. Finally, Archbishop Joaquim Lima decreed the establishment of a Seminary for Bombay in Parel under the patronage of St Anthony of Lisbon and St Francis Xavier and entrusted it to the Jesuits. He inaugurated it on 13th June, 1936 with Fr. J. Valls sj as its first Rector. This milestone marks the inception of a stable and flourishing Diocesan Seminary. Within two decades, the number of seminarians swelled so rapidly that the existing facilities became woefully inadequate. In 1953, the ‘Pilgrim House’ at Mount Mary’s Bandra was converted into a ‘Theological College’ for the Seminary, an interim measure, and in July 1960, renamed as ‘St Pius the Tenth College’
Fr Joe H Pereiram Founder Managing Trustee of Kripa Foundation is a regular faculty and teacher to deacons in the seminary. In this term, Fr. Joe conducted a lecture, on the concept of addiction and how they ( deacons), could spread the message of recovery once they are ordained priest, and be placed in th praishes all over the country,.
Fr, Joe explained how important it was to them as a priest, to be active in taking the 5th step of AA - "Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs." As as they are trained to listen to Confession,Fr. Joe conducted an indebt study on the 5th step to the deacons
Fr. Joe was acompanied by Brett. Ms Suman , Aazan, Lakme Cambell of Brazil of the Kripa Family.