Tuesday, May 28, 2013

" My heart felt tribute to a great and magnanimous person that Herbert was to all who knew him"- Says Fr. Joe


It is with a heavy heart and yet with a heart filled with thanksgiving that I wish to pay our tribute to a great and magnanimous person that Herbert was to all who knew him. I missed his funeral which was presided over by His Eminence Cardinal Oswald also our Patron and Trustee of Kripa Foundation. The honours given to him by the Police both at the Cathedral and at his Family grave brought tears to many . Herbert was  not only a faithful Soldier for God’s people he was an angel of mercy to all who were in any need. His compassionate heart made me reach out to our most afflicted North Eastern Youth . As an IGP of Imphal on his retirement, Herbert suggested that we start Kripa in Imphal and the North East of India. He kept a very low profile and shunned publicity and therefore was known to all in flesh and blood rather than through the Media noise. For Kripa and for me Herbert was an example of loving service and an example of courage  and deep Faith in the Lord. I consider myself as a part of his family. He was so happy to know about the growth of our work and always took keen interest in Kripa matters and even attended Trustee Meetings and the Kripa Night regularly. He was particularly happy to have Sanjiv Noronha come on the Kripa Board . Since I missed being at his funeral I intend having a special mass for him on my return and I would appreciate all the Kripa Family to be present to thank God for the Gift that Herbert was to Kripa. To his bereaved family, Wife Margie, Daughters Jacky, Karen and Lara and Son, Albert and their families we offer our heartfelt condolences and pray that Herbert rest in Peace. Now we have an Angel in heaven to intercede for our work with the marginalized owing to Addiction and AIDS. 
May His Soul Rest in Eternal Peace...Amen.
Fr.Joe
 Germany

Submitted by
News desk

E